Help me choose a videocard :D

thesinter

Baseband Member
well, i have been looking around for a new video card lately, so far the cards i want the most all come out of the geforce 7-series. I was wanting the 7900 or 7800, but then someone told me that if your computet dosn't have a really good cpu, then you wouldn't be able to get a higher end card.

Here are my system specs.
CPU: AMD 3500+
Ram: 2 512 (looking to upgrade to 2 gigs)
harddrive:120 (7200 rpm/ 8mb cache
Video card:ati radeon 9800 pro (yes i do have a PCI express slot open)
power: 450 watt

By my specs what video card should my computer be able to handle. also be specific about the card ( my friends also said that different versions of the same card have glitches and problems)
Thanks in advance!

I wouldnt recomend getting a high end card right now, as Dx10 is soon to come out, and with it all the new video cards. If you still want a video card, I recomend the GeForce 7600 GT. I just got it myself, and personally am very happy with it.

well my system specs are low, and the upcoming cards would be too much to handle. right??

What is your budget? Are you looking for high-end, mid-range, or low-end solutions? Any company preference (i.e. ATI, NVIDIA, VIA etc)?

dude i would highly recommend my card, the x850xt, i never get under 50fps in fear, maxed out, it overclocks aweesomely if you get the arctic cooling aftermarket cooler i have, pwns my friends 7600gt

Jamxx said:
Does VIA make video cards? Just wondering.

Yes they do. :) They make integrated and discrete graphics solutions. Integrated solutions are made purely by VIA themselves, but their discrete solutions are part of a joint venture with the S3 Graphics Co., Ltd. They're actually not bad...low power usage, low thermals, high clock speed, affordable price, it's really a shame they have such a small share in the graphics card market.

Here's X-bit Labs' review for the S3 Chrome S27 GPU. Enjoy. :)

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/s3-chrome-s27.html

I think that my system right now is medium, but my friends say it is low. The only thing i am thinking of changing right now is my video card and ram. my budget on the video card is $300 give or take.

Back
Top Bottom