Problem with internal hardrive (Safely Remove Hardware?)

trance-n-e

In Runtime
I just got a new computer, which im VERY happy with. One problem tho, I have a Safely Remove Hardware icon on. When I click it, it shows me the option to safely remove my hardrive. Its a Seagate 320 GB SATA 7200.10. Can anyone help me with this? Also, the hardrive is named in my device manager as: ST3320620AS instead of actual Seagate w/e name.

Well the name is probably just the serial number or model. My friends computer does this and he has a Maxtor sata drive so I dont know; maybe some are different than others?!

This is normal since your drive is SATA. SATA drives support hot-swapping and therefore that little Safely Remove Hardware is there incase you would ever want to turn off the hard drive while leaving the rest of the computer running.

trance-n-e said:
I just got a new computer, which im VERY happy with. One problem tho, I have a Safely Remove Hardware icon on. When I click it, it shows me the option to safely remove my hardrive. Its a Seagate 320 GB SATA 7200.10. Can anyone help me with this? Also, the hardrive is named in my device manager as: ST3320620AS instead of actual Seagate w/e name.

-That's the right model number for the drive.

-This drive is hot swappable and can be unplugged while running your computer.

Back
Top Bottom