Overclocking AMD64 3500+

Hello I clocked my FSB to 220 and it runs stable and so does the Temps, all at 31c and has been running for an hour, I read up on some forums and some say 220 is anough if you got crap ram, well I only have 700mb so I guess my memory is letting me down.

Do I leave it at 220?

when they are talking about crap ram they mean the quality of the ram, not the amount. U could try to find some ram divider options or something like that, so that u can oc the cpu more without oc'ing the ram.
And also when oc'ing try to get the cpu temp under 100% load because thats when the temps are at their highest.

As the other user said, the quantity of RAM doesn't matter it's the quality. If you have cheap generic RAM, you may want to just leave it at 220.

You can try for higher if you want there is no real rule saying where to stop. You can try for higher and then just bump it back down if you have problems. If you do encounter problems and your computer will not start, simply reset the BIOS and everything should start up normally.

IronMaiden6669 said:
So is it ok to up the FSB From 220? if my temps are still low?

yes, but u will start getting instability at some point. Then it's either the cpu, ram or mobo that is making the computer unstable. Then either downclock it to a stable speed or start increasing the voltages. But keep in mind that increasing the voltages can destroy the parts.

You're welcome, I have a 3500 socket 939 and I don't even overclock mine at all, although maybe I should just a bit, they are still good processors for now, even at stock speeds.

You might want to download prime95 and speedfan, so you can really check if its stable or not, and it's temps at max load. I would run it for around 6 hours, if you don't have time, just run it before you go to bed. Both are easily found on Google.

Oh, and I have my 3500 at 2.55 Ghz, but i'm running liquid cooling.

Back
Top Bottom