DFI Mainboards

Yeah, everything looks good. It has two pci-e slots, so you install 2 graphics cards, supports up to 4gb of pc3200 ram. From the reviews, they're saying its good for overclocking, but be careful when installing it cuz it's vulnerable to static electricity.

PerfectSK said:
Yeah, everything looks good. It has two pci-e slots, so you install 2 graphics cards, supports up to 4gb of pc3200 ram. From the reviews, they're saying its good for overclocking, but be careful when installing it cuz it's vulnerable to static electricity.
Yeah it has 2 pci-e 16x slots but it uses the nforce 4 ultra chipset so you CANT use SLi. There is a mod though you can do to the chipset to make it run SLi. I dont know if you can still do that though...

About overclocking it is awesome. I have it and have been able to get some really nice clocks from my 2gb UCCC. I have gotten it all the way to 285mhz before. With my old board I could barely get it to 270mhz.

So I highly recommend this board unless you want to go with SLI later on, then I would spend the extra to get a SLI-D or SLI-DR.

ownage said:
the Expert board is better than the SLI-D or SLI-DR.
Yeah it's better but it can be very picky as far as memory and powersupplies go which is why I dont recommend it unless you are a hardcore overclocker.

The Amish Kid said:
Yeah it's better but it can be very picky as far as memory and powersupplies go which is why I dont recommend it unless you are a hardcore overclocker.

It likes TCCD/UCCC/BE/CE dies. it doesnt like BH-5 for some reason.

I got the UT NF4 SLI-D and I love it. Only problem I had was that I kept on getting bsod untill I updated my bios and that fixed everything.

Back
Top Bottom