hard drive ?

lerner1

In Runtime
ok i have a dell 2300 demention desktop pritty old but i kept it up, well the hard drive is all filled up with alot of media and my sister has a hp computer that she dont use and said i can have it is there a way i can take the HD out of that an put it in my dell and just slide the media into that HD, will it be compadable?

thx in advanced for anyone who helps

Just take the drive out of the hp and put it into yours as a slave drive then you can just drag and drop all your files onto the spare drive.dont forget to format the drive when installed in yours then you will have a clean empty drive you can do this through the disk manager.

It all depends if you are going to make the HD permament or just to copy data. If just to copy data. Witht he power off unplug the cd rom drive and plug the cable into the HD. You can only copy over text and pictures, music. You can not copy programs.they will have to be reinstalled.

ok when i do this do u have to plug the gray ribbon cord in also or can i just lug the 4 prong white cable in and how do i format it throught disk manager i just go to my computer right click on the HD and hit format? sry i have never done this before

Back
Top Bottom