WWII games

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I was wondering, what are the best FPS WWII games out there, I have Call of Duty 2 and Medal of Honor Pacific Assult, and Allied assult.

Please Help

battlefield 1942, il-2 sturmovik: forgotten battles (which is a ww2 plane simulator, waaaay better than microsoft combat flight sim)

edit: sorry, didnt see you said FPS

Day of Defeat, Day of Defeat: Source, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 and Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood.

Personally I hate the Medal of Honor series...they were okay, but the gameplay was nothing compared to Call of Duty or Brothers in Arms. I would recommend Day of Defeat: Source as an alternative to Call of Duty's online multiplayer. The Source engine really compliments the gameplay well. :D

Battlefield 2 would be my first choice, followed by Call of Duty 2.

Although, the problem with online gaming these days are the cheats. I have never worked out the point in cheating. The gaming community have tried to stop cheating with PunkBuster, but many cheats are not detected for example on BF2 you have Clear View,Tank Jacket, AAbot, Clipper, Radar001 and others that get past the PunkBuster anti cheat software.

In the end, it's down to the individual to enjoy gaming and don't take it too seriously.

BullDog(UK)

Battlefield 2 isn't based in WWII BullDog :p

but BF:1942 would have to be the greatest WWII FPS out there without a doubt.

Battlefield 2 isn't based in the World War II-era.

Yeah, cheating is a problem these days. Personally, I don't like PunkBuster that much. I like VAC (VALVe Anti-Cheating) better.

EDIT>>> Sorry, Ronco...posted late and I didn't see yours.

Yeah, I agree. Battlefield 1942 is a great game, but it's not THE best WWII game.

Ok, not exactly WWII but the best online wargame in my opinion at the moment ;) .

Battlefield 2142 is due out soon and looks outstanding, also Unreal Tournament 2007 shouldn't be too far behind.

And before you say it, yes there both not WWII games, but worth a mention :p .

BullDog(UK)

Yeah, Battlefield 2142 looks cool. Lets just hope and pray that DICE doesn't screw up and make it a bugtacular game like Battlefield 2. I swear, if Patch v1.4 is just as buggy and annoying as v1.3, I'm gonna send a hate letter to DICE. :mad: I've had enough with all the crashes and long-ass loading times.

Back
Top Bottom