Cleaning my Fans

Raytheon

Baseband Member
My computer fans have been getting dusty, and I would like to know what's the best way of cleaning them. I like to have a clean pc :D

Yes, compressed air is the way to go... gotta love that stuff... good for just about all your computer cleaning needs.

Yeah, that sounds good enough.

Though, when I cleaned my fans, I just got a paint brush with thick, but soft brissels and slowly but surely cleared the dust. Not the best way I know.

I have compressed air but it didn't do much, maybe it's the brand idk "Falcon Dust-Off". I can see almost no difference from using this on the fans, altough my keyboard looks like new now. The fans need to be running or no?

Raytheon said:
I have compressed air but it didn't do much, maybe it's the brand idk "Falcon Dust-Off". I can see almost no difference from using this on the fans, altough my keyboard looks like new now. The fans need to be running or no?
No the fans don't need to be running. Did the compressed air come with a little straw that you can attach to the nozzle? if so, use that, it will make the air more concentrated on one area, and will get into the tight spots easier.

Kage said:
Though, when I cleaned my fans, I just got a paint brush with thick, but soft brissels and slowly but surely cleared the dust. Not the best way I know.
Actually thats not a bad idea, just make sure none of the bristles come off the brush.

Kage actually has the better idea imo, it is the way I clean all my fans etc before blowing all the loosened debris out with compressed air.

usually i take some ear cleaners and dab them with a little bit of water to moisten them and they collect the dust and it stays on them.

Raytheon said:

Falcon Dust-Off owns. :D I got a four-pack from Costco for hella cheap. :D

Back
Top Bottom