Garry's Mod?

joe pic

Fully Optimized
I just got Half-Life 2, for the first time actually...and I came accross Garry's Mod.

Can someone explain in depth to me what this exactly is?

I've tried to do some reading about it but I'm still a little confused. So maybe some help from you guys would clear it up...

What is it...exactly?
Is it seperate from the regular HL2?
What's the difference from versions 9 and 10?

Thanks guys

garry's mod is like a sandbox creator for Hl2. you can place objects, weapons, and NPCs in a level andhave fun with it. they have other games like soccer and stuff that you can play online. version 10 the newest version, has like no bugs in it so think of it as a patch for version 9. and no its not serperate from Hl2, its uses the same weapons, and same engine for the graphics. it incorporates a little bit of coounter strike stuff for that is from steam as well.

hope this helps :D

wow man that's cool. now wait...you lost me when you said soccer...can someone elaborate?

Yeah, it's a Sandbox creator. Much like Crytek's Sandbox. You can spawn NPC's and have them combat each other...or some even use the place to make a giant domino/ rube goldberg device. :p

wow that's awesome. so theres one like that for Far Cry, because i just bought that too

it's a soccer field with a ball in the middle. You shoot the ball with a pistol or a shotgun or hit it with a crowbar to propel it and try to get it into your opponent's goal. You can't use bots, though. Gotta play online.

Garry's Mod is a lot of fun. :D I have version 9 and it's pretty buggy with text and graphics sometimes. Maybe they fixed it in 10.

joepic said:
wow that's awesome. so theres one like that for Far Cry, because i just bought that too

Yeah, well Crytek's Sandbox is decent, mostly because the CryEngine lacks the same physics found in the Source Engine. Usually Crytek's Sandbox is used to make custom multiplayer maps that you can use online.

Back
Top Bottom