Intel ... AMD? Which one

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
Right now I'm an AMD fan boy who is wondering what would be better for me... buying a 3800+x2 or E6300 please somebody help,
if you say Duo Core... can you perhaps build me a computer because , when it comes to intel I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO, ive been an AMD user all my life

If you would built me a comp online could you please use http://www.anitec.ca to use all the parts.(And by built i mean give me a list of parts)
I already have:
Sound Card
Case
DVD Burner
400w PSU Coolmax... I want to keep it
Monitor.. keyboard....mouse etc
200gb ATA HD

All id like is
CPU
MOBO
RAM
VID CARD... I was looking at 7600gt or should i pick something else for my price range?
And a high performance HD something in the range of a raptor 36gigs.

My price range is preferable around 700-800, I could push it to 1000$ but its tight i have a really part time job( 5-10hrs ) a week lol

ALL $ IN CND DOLLARS

thank you in advance

Right now, the Core 2 Duos are the hottest CPUs on the market. According to alot of tests run by tom's hardware, they conserve more energy and perform better.

You could go with a E6300 ($208), Asus P5B Mobo ($159), and OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 ($179 after rebate)

Aecliptic said:
Right now, the Core 2 Duos are the hottest CPUs on the market. According to alot of tests run by tom's hardware, they conserve more energy and perform better.

You could go with a E6300 ($208), Asus P5B Mobo ($159), and OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 ($179 after rebate)
"Hot" as in temperature-wise? or "oh dang that's a hot pair of shoes"

well kyleman999, i'll pick what you get. So if you get amd i'll say you should get AMD, if you want intel. i'll say intel :)

Well, it depends on your budget because all the new Intel chips are good... obviously as they get higher, they get better in power consumption and processing speed.

E6300 = $208
E6400 = $256
E6600 = $375

If what I read is right, they can all be overclocked pretty easily... again, they OC better with certain MoBo's.

yea but, i'm not familiar with the intel chipsets, you see, AMD is all i know its like learning a new language. Im still trying to decide what to get, INTEL or AMD i cant make up my mind!!!!

Post what chipset your thinking of going with, or better yet a few and im sure some members could help you out here. Generally speaking most of the intel chipsets that support the new core 2 duo are fairly decent. Obviously with price, comes better quality. Also what will you be doing? Lots of overclocking? Or are you going to run it at its preset clock speed?

if you've noticed my sig, I'm a definate overclocker. I like to play games often enough. But I feel if you cant play the game at relatively high settings, the game was somewhat wasted. You understand that I need help finding a good chipset which gives me plenty of options I need to overclock (Voltages,Frequencies,etc). Up untill now Ive had no intrest in intel....untill now

Back
Top Bottom