Explain this one. (speaker madness)

alex_boothby

In Runtime
My speakers appeared to become possesed...

when ever i use the scroller on my mouse, open new windows have media player open, or even move the mouse. a horrible crackling noise come out of the speakers.

?????????

alex_boothby said:
My speakers appeared to become possesed...

when ever i use the scroller on my mouse, open new windows have media player open, or even move the mouse. a horrible crackling noise come out of the speakers.

?????????
I'm not completely sure but it sounds like some sort of interference. Is your mouse wireless? and if so is the reciever close to the speakers?
are your speakers close to the monitor? if so try moving them farther away, especially if you're using a CRT monitor, I used to get that when I had a CRT and what helped was I just moved them away and it was fine.
are the speakers old? that could be something too...
did you try unplugging and plugging in all the connections/power plugs etc. on the speakers? sometimes that helps
did you check the connection to your soundcard? also is your volume up all the way in the audio properties? sometimes that can do weird things to the sound (like crackling or audio distortion) so i leave it at about 80-85% and it works fine and I have no problems.

Again I'm not completely sure and I'm of course no expert but I thought I'd at least try to help you out.

lol thnks guys, yeh im on board sound. i have TFT, and nothing has really changed and it never used to do that, im thinking that maybe some of the electricity may be running down the metall piece that connects all the ports together and may be interfereing with some of the stuff... new speakers and sound card i reckon!!!

yeah i have onboard sound and i get that when im on my storage drive... i have a sound blaster Live 24 bit never does it

alex_boothby said:
lol thnks guys, yeh im on board sound. i have TFT, and nothing has really changed and it never used to do that, im thinking that maybe some of the electricity may be running down the metall piece that connects all the ports together and may be interfereing with some of the stuff... new speakers and sound card i reckon!!!
that's a thought.... soundcards aren't too pricey and neither are speakers. I got Dell 5650 5.1 speakers (100 watts) for like 50 bucks and for a dell they work great, I only got them because it was on sale and I'm actually really happy with them.

yeh i was thinking of just buying a amp (sub woofer) then instead of using the speakers tha come with it, put my hifi ones on it

alex_boothby said:
does a sound card actually improve sounds quality much
I've heard that a good soundcard can make sounds sound more real. I've also heard that HD soundcards have excellent sound and everything sounds clearer on them. I'm not an expert on sound cards though so maybe someone else can help you better...

Back
Top Bottom