Router to Router problems...

Shermanator15

Beta member
Hey guys, I am new to the forums and I am just trying to get some help. I currently have one linksys router set up off of my modem and the 4 ports are full. So I decided to get another linksys router and set it up off the 4th port so I could put more computers on the network. Now the problem is that after I connect the second router in I get no connection coming from it to any computer. I plugged the 4th port from the first router into the internet of the second router and nothing happens. Do I need to plug it into the same port? I am not sure what I am doing or what is wrong or if it is even possible. If you could help me out here I would appreciate it. Thanks a bunch!

Shermanator

try setting the second router to be an access point, in the settings, if there is no option then trade in the second router for a network swith (not an actual swith, it switch's automatically... common misconception)

The ip's on the routers are probably the same go into the router settings and change one (most likely the new one) to a different ip

Back
Top Bottom