Question!

jenifferblake

Baseband Member
What if someone gets their money stolen? Say I get my money stolenf rom someone who didn't send w/e I purchased. What action would this forum take to help me?

As far as getting your money back probably no action. As the forums are not obligated to insure transactions are carried out in a manner to which both parties are content with.

The only service the forum provides you with is getting the buyer and seller together. Which is free of course.

That's why you should pay through a service that allows you to reverse the transaction if something like that were to happen.

possibly, you'd have to ask an admin / owner about it.

You could (possibly) locate him through an ip, to his isp, through logs and user database and find records on him, but that's iffy. You couldn't do it yourself, an ISP isn't going to disclose information to a random person, maybe if the police / investigation person asked them they would give it to them.

as i said the forums aren't responsible for these transactions. you are.

Paypall has a money back guarentee up to $275.

Do not do a transaction soley though forums. You will most likey be screwed. Set up a buy it now eBay auction. Or just use paypall. Money orders are a big no no too.

If you really want to do it though a forum, and get screwed, I will do an IP location (wich is only about 80% accurate) and there is no guarnetee if the culpret is using a proxy. Usualy you will get in the general area, and I will tell you all the information I get, and then you would be able to report him to local authorities in his area.

jenifferblake said:
WOuld police really help me out? I mean it is my fault right?

Of course they would. If you get scammed, and the other guy, keeps whatever was his, and gets whatever was yours, that is a scam. Poilce are Anti scam. Yes, they would help.

Back
Top Bottom