unique things about where you live

I live in Wilson, North Carolina, which USED to be the WORLD'S largest tobacco growing place... no joke this isnt a scam we really were, but our economy still sucks

Unique things about where i live:

Nicole Kidman lived up 10 mins from here
2 mins down the road is the southern hemispheres oldest shopping centre
we got 2 universities on the same street here too cileskot?!? UTS (university of technology, Sydney) and University of Sydney are both on same street
the sydney 2000 olympics (best olympics ever!! lol) were 10 mins from here and we can see the stadium from upstsirs of my house
umm i cant really think of anything else atm

Natalya said:
Unique things about where i live:

Nicole Kidman lived up 10 mins from here
2 mins down the road is the southern hemispheres oldest shopping centre
we got 2 universities on the same street here too cileskot?!? UTS (university of technology, Sydney) and University of Sydney are both on same street
the sydney 2000 olympics (best olympics ever!! lol) were 10 mins from here and we can see the stadium from upstsirs of my house
umm i cant really think of anything else atm
haha, someone must ahve lied to me. well really, bloomington illinois in a twin city with normal illinois and one of them is in bloomington and the other is in normal, maybe we are just the only place with 2 universities on the same street in 2 different cities lol

Crowsnest Pass:

- Home to a world famous rockslide that crushed the original mining town of Frank and killed several people in 1903. The highway now runs through the rock debris.
frank-slide.JPG

- A famous massive mining disaster took place here as well killing several more people.
- Was once a large center for bootlegging in the early 1900s.

Umm, that's about all.

cileskot said:
here are some things my town is unique for (bloomington, illinois)

only place in america where mitsubishi cars are made

dude, you live in bloomington!? i live in frankfort! thats awesome!
oh yeah, bernie mac(funny black guy) and dennis deyoung(styx) live on my street

Lake Chelan, is the 5th deepest lake in the US. At about 1500+ feet. And one of only 3 pristine (lakes) in the world. Also, states largest Toursist detination (Washington)

Saratoga, California. Probably the most expensive place to live in the West Coast, if not the US. My family isn't that rich though...we live on the edge of Saratoga (aka Wannabe Saratoga). Umm...Steve Jobs lives maybe 10-15 minutes away. Yeah...I think that's all. :p

Um,
Kangaroos jumping around all the freak'n place, its busy jeez,
Steve(croc hunter) has to chase down the crocs that get in our pools over here, its a crazy house(country) i tells ya o.o

On the not-stupid-note

unique-ish where i live~

Our beaches they are bloody awesome :D
Our Wildlife, Animals, etc
Our Trams ^_^

Something that is unique but not a good thing is theres a place(up near the bushy-ish etc area round here) is the roads and the hills they are terrible to travle up and down from its like a hill HUGE( Those who are playing at home lol *The Great Ocean Road* is the name) and is *terrible* when your in the car with a fast driver :-( :\ gah
Imagine looking out the window and seeing nothing but sea and more sea while going fast around SHARP, bends etc :\
But when you drop down in speed its ok and pretty much straight, looking out the window can then be beautiful as i said our awesome beaches ^_^

mark thorpe said:
Thaxted... UK

http://www.thaxted.co.uk/

yeah, thaxted is a very historic town... cant wait till the summer, some beautiful walks around the fields...

were also twinned with a french town...

WOW, thats AMAZING, :eek:
I always knew England is absolutely beautiful :)

Chimaera said:
Um... Kangaroos, Echidnas and a giant oyster...
Lol you forgot the Drop-Bears ;)

geek_gal said:
Lol you forgot the Drop-Bears ;)

:O I did too... Ah well the Giant Oyster I spoke of:
TheBigOyster600.jpg

(It's been turned into a car dealership...
The Big Banana:
big_banana.jpg

(I don't know who that is)

Um other interesting things... Well I live in the country of Aus so there are lot's of animals and things...

Back
Top Bottom