Windows Live Beta Invites

jay8990

Daemon Poster
I signed up for the new Windows Live Messenger Beta and so now have a few invites if anyone wants to try it out!

It looks pretty cool, theres a search box where you can enter name or number. which works fantastic.

Couple new groups for Non instant messanger contacts (still trying to work this one out) and a group for other contacts (new contacts go into this it seems, so you dont have any ungrouped contacts.)

Theres also something called shared folders. Hopefully can figure out exactly what this is when i get some buddies with msn8!

one thing that is annoyin me is that the group names only have the number of contacts
eg.... Mates (116)
and not like..... Mates (5/116)
so you cant actually tell how many people are online in that group.

Anyway anyone who wants an invite drop me an email!

Thats weird. Messenger 7.5 has the 5/116 feature on groups...
Maybe they'll add that though.

I think I'll wait for the final release though. I can't be bothered with betas nowadays.

i have figured it out a bit! (theres a lot of new options)

You can set it so as though it only displays the online contacts. so then it displays like Mates (4)

and hides completely the rest of them.

It is looking good :D

Now that is alright actually :p There is no point it showing offline contacts, haha.

Any improvements in how everything works, i.e conversation window? Any new features for convos?

I wouldn't mind an invite. :) Please send one via PM if you can, i'd really appreciate it. :D

I like the fonts and the windows now. They have a type of futuristic look to them, unless thats just a theme you've placed on your desktop.

I agree, the new icons are better than the ones on MSN Messenger 7.5 as well. :D

dyserq said:
I wouldn't mind an invite. :) Please send one via PM if you can, i'd really appreciate it. :D

nope, fraid i need an email. email me at j_roolz@hotmail.com

and nope, i dont have any themes or that in place. that view of it is as is! :D

the new messengers ok! no major differences i can see. the new mail system is fantastic! i signed up on windows live for the messenger and mail betas! the mail system is briliant. its appearance is just like outlook in that you have folder panel on left, a reading pane at bottom and the folder view at top. it loads so quick though! its really good.

hold on ill get a screenshot!
www.arbroathstthomas.co.uk/1.jpg
and thanks to the wonders of dual monitors you get another view of messenger! (huge image though)

edit> new things...
you can "nickname" people on msn (like custom names on messenger plus for 7.5)... very good feature!
and you can also see from that screenshot that its set to hide offline contacts.

Back
Top Bottom