Pictures of my most recent build!

kev said:
i dont like the design of that board. They put the RAM in a weird spot causeing the chipset fan to be under the GPU

i know exactly what you mean, it's nearly the same design as my a8n-sli deluxe and that chipset fan really makes it hard to take the video card in and out as i recently found out.

There is actually a 120mm fans spot up there just above the PSU. The 120mm fan on the PSU eaxhausts air upwards and that other fan shoots it out of the case so it doesn't linger up there. There are a lot more fan spots in full towers but this case is old and kind of sucks. I was thinking about getting a Gigabyte 3D Aurora case. What do you guys think of that? Either that or a Lian LI or maybe something else.

The DFI board is sick. You should see the capabilities in BIOS for this things. I recently saw a competition between Thaiwan and I think it Japan it was for overclocking G. Skill RAM on DFI boards. They had some crazy stuff goin on at that compitition. They did it in the stages: air cooling, watercooling and then liquid nitro or something like that.

Im thinking about moding the case some so that I can hook up some more fans on this puppy. The chipset fan is perfectly placed just in the middle of the two PCI x16 slots. I only have 1 7800 GT but it looks as if it wouldnt be a problem.

Just worked on some modifications today. Youll notice the HDD is now mounted in the top of the case to free some space down by the CPU. I also dremeld out some holes: one at the bottom of the 5.25 cage, one at the inside, front part of the case to route power, led, restart etc.. cables and one for the front red fan. I also changed the location of the CC lamp to the cross bar ass you can see. Im getting some UV cannon lights, bay converters, led's (white), and some fans for front and rear mounting. This thing is gunna need some serious work. here are some photos to hold you over. <br><br>
NewestModcopy.jpg
<br><br>
CageCut.jpg
<br><br>
FrontCut.jpg
<br><br>
FanCut.jpg

Back
Top Bottom