simple question.....

Day5InJanuary

Baseband Member
i just got a dell xps m140 notebook.....i really like it....i am just confused about one of the lights near the cap locks, scrool lock, and number lock lights...it says wi/fi....the light goes on and off...for a long time it was on and then it just goes off.....i tried to find out what this is but no luck...should i be worried?,,,thanks everyone

It is probably picking up wireless signals, Are you using wirelss internet with it?

yes....i am using wireless right now...it was on...and now it is permently off....?????/?hmmmmmmis there a way i can always have it on....i am always on wireless internet...i thought it is supposed to stay on if i have a wireless signal...?

I'm on wireless right now, lemme see what setting i can find. Go to start - Control panel - network connections - you should see a wireless one there maby with a picture of a signal or something. click on it and see what you can find.

ok...i just hope the light is not burnt out...i am suprised i cant find out if this light is supposed to shut off after a certain amount of time or what...i am kinda worried...i have a excellent wireless signal right now...i am connected and using it with no issues....strange...i am looking through the settings right now.....let me know if you find anything

my light just blinks when i retrieve info, like visit a website or download something. Plus the light is a LED i don't think those burn out, so I think your fine.

nothing....still off...amazing i really think this light is burnt out...haha my luck...i am going to see what happens if i shut down.....then re start...hmmmmm

ok...so i just disbaled the connection..then enabled...came back on...and it is on now...i think it may just shut off after a ceratin amount of time...thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom