Hillsboro, OR and Intel.

I live in Hillsboro, a semi-large city consisting of about 80,000 people. I did some research on our 12ish Intel buildings located in Hillsboro and it's surrounding suburbs. I found that Hillsboro's Intel campusses are the largest and most complex Intel campusses in the WORLD! Big news for our city! Check out the article from Intel.

http://www.intel.com/jobs/usa/sites/hillsboro/

Lol that awesome dude. Although you turned to Amd biased hahaha...

Anyways.. The yahoo main building is moving to Wenatchee (about 40 minutes away from me)

We even have a Yahoo! Building in Hillsboro. Not to mention the Nike world Headquaters is 20 minutes away. Hehe!!!

I'm not biased towards any CPU manufacturer, I just know what's better in most general aspects.

But yes, my mother and father have both been employed by Intel. My dad was a Contractor who designed their new campuses, and my mother was in the food department. Not to sure what she did though. But, it goes to show that nearly everyone in Hillsboro has been employed by Intel. :)

Why don't you work at Intel, and get me free stuff :p

I mean its gotta be better then working in that burger hell hole.

haha! Intel doesn't hire high school students. Or else I would, and, I have already looked into it. I know, go figure, a lot of people who work there. Like I said, Intel employes over half the city! Plus everyone I know there is a higher up. So yeah, the instant I graduate I think I should apply there and hopefully I can get enough recommendations from people to get me an advantage against others. :)

But, the Hillsboro campuss is absolutly HUGE!!! It has it's own tour center, which includes a full tour of how silicon is used to create chips. Plus, it has ALL of Intel's toys, that microscope thing, everything. And, it's own Internet Center that you can use to browse when you're done.

This campuss is just amazing. Plus, the work enviorment is nice and comfortable to work in, remember, both of my parents were at one time employd there, so I've been in there and have seen it. Not to mention, I was taken there for "Bring your kid to work day". And that was, pffft...6 years ago!

And to ice the cake even more. The campuss is RIGHT next to the airport. Our city has an air show. Imagine being at work, and being able to look out the window only to see jets flying outside. Not to mention. You can take your break, go up to the roof, and watch them fly around. And the building is like 10-15 stories tall, so you get a much better picture of the jets then the folk on the ground.

If there's one place I would liek to work, it's at the Hillsboro Intel campusses. Down right insane. :)

Lol wow. And how long till your graduate? Damn, ill be waiting! They make so many processors, im sure you could just stick one in a backpack and no one would notice!

Jk of course! Or am I?

Yeah, Intel does a lot for our little town. Every computer that is in our city's schools, which consists of four High Schools, were all donated by Intel. Not to mention, the computers that the A+/Comp Hardware class made, all the parts were donated by Intel. Plus, Intel also has I believe two scholarships that they offer to my school.

Not to mention, that they hold a sciencefair in our town. Which, coincidently, my friend from church won. Him and his buddy get a FULL paid trip to Chicago. Meaning, everythign is taken care of: transportation, food, housing, everything. If there's one company in the world doing something right with its community, it's Intel. No questions asked. :)

Back
Top Bottom