Hurricane Katrina

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
I was recently (The week of February 6) in Mississippi, the place that was probally struck the hardest from Hurricane Katrina. ( Yes! There was another place besides New Orleans that was struck) I took several pictures but only now have i had that much time to upload them, THESE ARE ONLY A FEW OF THEM, I HAVE OVER 500 PICS, I JUST HAVE NOT HAD ENOUGH TIME TO UPLOAD THEM ALL...

http://www.plug-n-play.org/katrina/

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK...

wow, that looks pretty harsh. now i really understand all those news stories. i feel bad. what was it like going there? wow that must have been some experience. it would be hard for me to go there and see all that. i especially like the sign about father time. i should save that picture...
thanks recon!

... yeah why did you go there?

I don't understand why the news ONLY focuses on New Orleans. What, as if the other millions of people who got hurt don't deserve to be seen? Wow...I hate our news broadcats, completely stupid and irrelavent half the time. :rolleyes:

i was there with my church trying to help rebuild, right now i have to go out to eat with my friends, i will tell yall all about it, when i get home...

Not saying its right, just giving an answer. They focused on New Orleans because;

a: they were below sea level and had the most people actually THERE during it.
b: because it was the most densely populated city affected by hurricane katrina.
c: It got hit by the eye of the storm, the most furocious part of the storm, and the wall thrashed and thrashed before weakening and moving on. (for those of you who think the eye is the calm part, it is, but the eyewall {the outer edge of the eye} is where the speeds are at.)
d: New Orleans is a very popular place, Its like new york, L.A., Miami, Everyone knows of it. So thats where theyre going to focus their media. For instance, when Ivan, Dennis, Opal, Andrew, All of these bad hurricanes that affected santa rosa county so harshly and barely affected our surrounding counties, everyone focused on pensacola (escambia county) because its what you would consider a city, not like santa rosa which is all small townish (in appearance atleast)

I know My Mom and Dad's Friends (who are firefighters) had to go over there like right after it, They said that it was horrible, you could smell all of the dead bodies and everything. I was glad I didn't go, but it is very sad. Whenever we get hurricanes here everyone leaves and theres only like 10 - 25 reported deaths. But man... they had no warning, it was supposed to go to us, but it turned to them. =\

I guess thats what ya get for praying something wont come to you, instead of praying itll get weaker. It had to go somewhere, eh? =\

God, thats not nice. Not at all.

All those cars...

and that TFT monitor! God. And that CD. I like to attention to detail.

Thats not nice though

Actually New Oreleans had a HUGE warning of the storm, yet they failed to react accordingly. I mean, I know it sounds mean, but, "it's their own fault." The city could have done lots of things to help protect themselves, but, no one did anythign about it. And look at the consequences. Devastating. :(

Yeah, I might sound idiot or so, but, did you took the comps and such to home or what?

Back
Top Bottom