Microsoft's new handheld

ok how much do you guys think it is going to cost, i think $375, everybody else place your guess's

thats soo stupid. its way too big for a "handheld" has a goddamn keyboard attachment...what n00bs gonna use that? microsoft is taking it to a new level each day.

It'll be different. Definately not for those who are used to the simplicity that only Nintendo offers. Also, it should be pretty interesting if it uses Windows Mobile or Windows Media Center 2005 because those two OS's are pretty good. This is probably like the Jack of all Trades in the handheld market. It's definately not a dedicated gaming handheld like the PSP or DS, but it might show some potential in that area.

True, the PSP has the most capabilities of the hand held consoles at the moment, and as written in the Edge magazine, it has emulator capabilities too, etc, with special firmware/software. Though am not going to go into that just incase it scrapes illigalness. Since its in a UK magazine, I guess its okay to say that much.

I love the fact that PSP fanboys preach that they can use homebrew to play old Nintendo games.

Must be because they're no good games for the PSP

Wouldn't say that I'm a 'PSP Fanboy' but there are some very good games on it. One minute playing pinball, then gta liberty city, then TOCA 2, then listen to some MP3's, then watch a movie. All on the train on the way home. Then when I'm finished, just pop it in my pocket! Can't beat that.

I'm not interested in the homebrew side of things as I don't want to risk knackering my PSP just to play a few old snes games. Also if I was going to put an emulator on it, it would have to be MAME.

I want to put Homebrew stuff on my psp (quite frankly, there is alot of good stuff you can put on there) but i dont want to risk messing up my firmware to downgrade. I mean sure if i only had the first version (like 1.2 or whatever it was called) then sure id get it, but i got the gigapack thing which went into production after 2.0 came out and thats what i got on it. It didnt have homebrew capabilities anyways so I upgraded to 2.6

Back
Top Bottom