Alienware buyer BEWARE!!!

AlexieCZ

Beta member
2 months ago i purchased an alienware top end system.... it arrived 3 weeks late. After some light use for 3 days the alien ice system started to leak all over the video cards. Alienware would not let me return it. unless i wanted to pay a 15% restocking fee. The best thing they could do for me was to offer me a 2 day shipping lable to miami and back for repairs and "VIP" treatment to get it fixed at the front of the repair line.... something they should do anyway if they fuck up your 5000 dollare pc... its been 2 weeks that they have had it.. i finally get an email saying that its been shipped and the bastards shipped it ground.... so 5000 bucks outta my pocket, over 2 months still no computer. The worst part is everyone who answers phones speaks with a heavy hispanic accent.. you can bareley understand them.... on their site alienware have called themselves the ferrari of PC's. How many times have you seen mexicas working in a ferrari dealership......

Alienware = overpriced bullshit, crappy non-existant customer service... refusal to stand behind thier product.

If you feel like being take for a ride purchase an alienware... my only regret... not reading the consumer complaint forums first.

Sorry if anyone reading this is hispanic, I am not racist.... just dissapointed at the lack of quality that 5k buys you these days..... Dude, i wish i was getting a dell !

It's reasons like this I will NEVER buy a brand desktop system.
if I was to spend $5,000 on a new pc, it would be ME who orders the parts, ME who gets them, and ME who puts it together, not some retard getting paid minimum wage to do it and probably doesn't know everything he/she should know.

For $5000, you can even buy a server!

More, if you spend $5000 on a gaming system, It will rock! I've did my Alienware PC setup...it was to cost me $32 000 and more

i'm sure you could build yourself a computer that out preforms alienware computers for a fraction of the cost (not an improper fraction either).

RewtGuy said:
i'm sure you could build yourself a computer that out preforms alienware computers for a fraction of the cost (not an improper fraction either).
that is so horribly true.
if I had $5,000, I could EASILY build a system that tears a $5,000 alienware to PIECES.

Sorry to hear that. My friend got an alienware for Christmas (sans liquid cooling) and it does great. However, I agree. With $5,000 I would go so custom it would be sick. Talk about 4800+, 4g of ram, dual 512mb 7800gtx, x-fi pro, custom liquid cooling, 1kw psu, dual plextor drives, etc. Man... maybe even forget the pc and get a down payment on a freakin' car! Seriously...

Yeah, no kidding man.
when you have that much cash, it makes you think about the gaming possibilities... but then you think about the real world.

I drive a 1991 Mercury tracer, it's 15 years old now, and it still does what it needs to do, gets me from point A to point B, and still works reasonably well (with regular maitenance, of coarse.)

now if you could get that car, only brand new, for $5,000, have it still be useful 15 years later, or buy a new pc, and have it be weak and useless 5 years later, what would you do?

Back
Top Bottom