Forgot my dlink router password

v_xxx_v

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I changed my default pass when i first bought it, now i wanna to change something but dont remember the pass, i reset the button behide the router but it doesn't help. Anyone know how to get my password back please help, thanks

I don't have the same kind of router but atleast on my router if u press the reset button for 6 seconds it will reset the whole router to factory settings.
So after doing this the default password (usually admin) should work.

The following is for the DI-514, DI-524, DI-604, DI-614+, DI-624, DI-624S, DI-754, DI-764, DI-774, and DI-784 routers.

To perform a reset, please follow steps below:

Step 1 With the unit on, place a paper clip into the hole on the back on the unit labeled Reset.

Step 2 Hold paper clip down for 10 seconds and release.

Note: Do not repower unit during this procedure.

Step 3 The unit will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the unit is reset.

Resetting the router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will change all settings back to factory defaults.

DFL-80/300 firewall

Follow the steps below to reset the firewall to factory defaults.

Step 1 Insert a paper clip into the small hole on the back of the unit labeled reset.

Step 2 Watch the lights on the front of the firewall. When the status light begins to blink, let go of the reset button.

Step 3 When the Status light stops blinking the firewall will be back to its factory settings.

Step 4 To access the configuration menu, release and renew the IP address on your computer and then open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.

Step 5 Login to the device with the Username admin and the Password admin as well, in order to reconfigure the device.

This reset procedure applies to the following devices:
# DI-704
# DI-704P
# DI-713
# DI-713P
# DI-714P+
# DI-804HV
# DI-808HV

Step 1 Power the unit off by unplugging its power adapter.

Step 2 Insert a paper clip in to the reset pinhole. Press and hold the reset button with light pressure.

Step 3 Power the device back on by plugging it in. Continue to hold the reset button.

Step 4 Watch the lights on the front of the router. The M1 & M2 should come on solid. When the M1 & M2 begin to blink slowly, release the reset button.

The unit will reboot itself and should be at factory defaults. If the M1 light is not blinking about once per second, unplug the power on the router and plug it back in.

If the M1 & M2 continue to blink rapidly, you held the reset button for too long. Power the device off and repeat the reset procedure.

The default IP address is 192.168.0.1. The default username for our routers is admin. The password is blank. If your router asks only for a password, use admin (lower-case).

Back
Top Bottom