Another folder permission problem

wooonelly

Baseband Member
I have a folder on my server that I want to give specific permissions to for a user. The problem is I only want this user to have permission to write to this specific folder. I know how to do that but this folder gets created for each job# and I want the permissions to be inherited to these newly created folders.

Ex:
c:\engineering\
\job#1\
\user folder(This is created when the job# is created)
\job#2\
\user folder(This is created when the job# is created)

I want the "user folder" to have the write permission everytime it is created for a specific user.

I think it my be a program issue but I appreciate any ideas.

have you blocked the inheret feature? because if you havent, this should automatically be done

Sounds like you are trying to create home directories for users that are made by default in Active Directory. If you check in Active Directory, when you make the mailboxes and the home directory, ie x:\users\username, the permission is already set. If you are doing this by hand, you have to let the specified name, ie john.smith, have his own permissions, but he has to have full control or read/write access to his directory, not just write.

PS. I read further on and realize that you will have to manually change the permission everytime for the user since your inherit properties in the formentioned directory are restricted. By being restricted, you have to either lessen the restrictions or manually edit it everytime.

Back
Top Bottom