Which Antivirus Program Is Best?

tk26

Solid State Member
Ok guys well since our computer recently got some virus's, is crashing lately and is really slow, I am gonna start buying some programs to try and improve my computer. Ok well i have read your tutorials and there great but I have a question which out of the follwoing programs should I get/run, which ones are the best?

- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition
- McAfee Antispyware
- Spy Remover
- Norton Antivirus 2006
- CCleaner
- Spyware Nuker 2005

Or should I just try and get them all, the only problem about that is that they would take up alot of space

It's all preference. Try the trials of them and see what you like best yourself. Otherwise it seems like you're just tryin' to start a flame war ^_^. You could try one, write down what you thought, pros & cons ect. Install the next. Compare at the end.

Well to be honest I don't like ur list at all.
There are 2 anti-viruses, both symantech, and I have to say that I have had so many problems with them. I know that others have too, but then again there are many ppl who have had no problems at all. If u want to go with symantec then go with Norton Antivirus 2006. If u don't then I suggest u try AVG and AntiVir. Both of these have free versions, which are great. U can also buy them which means that u will get even better anti-virus protection. But I have used the free version of AntiVir and couldn't be happier with it.
I wouldn't buy any anti-spyware. U can get microsoft anti-spyware, spybot s&d, ad-aware and spyware blaster and many others for free. The ones I mentioned are all very good programs but there are other good ones too.
Crap cleaner is also quite good, but I've been told it's not too easy to use, but u should get used to it. Also hijack this is a good program, but again u need to know what the stuff is in the log file it gives u.

But as rewt guy already mentioned, just try them out and see which ones u like the most.

hey thanks guys I am gonna try them all out and see which one I like best.

No problems here with Zonealarm with built in Antivirus. Definitions are updated frequently. The best on the market is NOD32 however.

Why can't you have 2 anti-virus programs at once ? I understand that you should only have one monitoring your computer at a single moment, but 2 programs which scan for viruses ? Why not ? Wouldn't that just be recommending one anti-spyware scanner such as Ad Aware as opposed to several others like Spybot Search And Destroy and Microsoft Anti Spyware ?
Anyhow, i've also never heard of NOD32 ... i think i'll stick with AVG and AntiVir :)

Back
Top Bottom