new firewal??

b4o ba0

Solid State Member
hey guys...kinda new to this but i was just wondering if there is anyway to create your own firewall.

Well ... it is possible but i definately won't recommend it, it's much more safe and reliable just to get a firewall which is available off the net, if you do, you must also take into account the responsibility seeing as though you must update the definitions to keep up with all the new threats out there

thanx for the tip...but if its possible is anyone willing to give me some tips as to how i would do to get about to creating my own firewall?

b4o ba0 said:
thanx for the tip...but if its possible is anyone willing to give me some tips as to how i would do to get about to creating my own firewall?
Well u could do it like this. There might be some faults in this because I am no expert but I'll give it a try.

1. Create a program that blocks all of the ports in ur computer. (=nothing gets in or out)

2. Then u need to make it able to open & close ports (both incoming and outgoing traffic) with an easy application. (a one that the user will use when he needs to open & close ports)

3. Then with that application open the most commonly used ports. (stuff that windows, internet browsers, anti-virus updates etc use) And then set is as a default. (so that anyone who installs the firewall will have these ports open without them needing to do anything)

4. Now u basicly have a firewall which blocks all incoming & outgoing traffic exept for the programs that use the ports u opened. (and ofcourse the user can open more)

5. Then u need to do something like the application control thingy in other firewalls. So that everytime an application tries to connect to the internet it will ask u if u want to allow it or not.

6. Then I'd imagine that u would want an automatic updater, something that u just run and it then it downloads all of the latest updates from an internet website.

I'd say that a firewall like that would be great. But no doubt it's going to be hard to make and atleast I don't have any idea how to do it. And I'm pretty sure that there is quite much stuff missing, since I just wrote the things that 1st came to my mind.

haha... that does seems a little complicated for a newb like me....hehe...thanx a lot for the tip

b4o ba0 said:
haha... that does seems a little complicated for a newb like me....hehe...thanx a lot for the tip
Yeah it's going to be very complicated. U could actually leave 5 & 6 out, but ofcouse atleast 5 would be a nice extra and well 6.. I don't even know why I put it there. :) Well having an updater would make it so that u wouldn't have to dl the new version, just update the older one. But then again I don't know if downloading a new one is so hard to do.

Many developer's, those who work alone and those who have assistance of a large company, often take months and years just to create a program and after that, they must continue to work harder to keep it updated and so forth ...

Back
Top Bottom