MCaFee Virusscan disabled???

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Hi, My Mcafee Virus Scan is a legal one. I installed it around 2 months back with license number and it was working fine, until a week ago.Now my Virusscan appears to be disabled always, i mean the shortcut on the right side bottom turns "Black" (which means is disabled) and is never "Red"(never ON). But When open the Macfee Virusscan, it shows its ON, but the shortcut always appeard OFF, I'm so damn confused, would be thankful if you guyz can help me out.Thanks.

yeh i agree, it could my your virus definitions are out of date .. try updating and see what happends.

Guyz, the icon on the bottom of the right hand side was always RED in Color and now its BLACK in Color and when i take the cursor toward it, it reads as " VirusScan Disabled" :confused:
And when i right click on it and try to enable the VirusScan it says " Mcafee VirusScan : Mcafee Activeshield is running and protecting your computer" This is really confusing!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

It probably is enabled, it's just that your computer may not be updating it's status or something ... your computer has a funny way of showing that it is working though ...

So none could help me with that, even Mcfee customer service could not help me! dammmm :rolleyes:

coolguy said:
So none could help me with that, even Mcfee customer service could not help me! dammmm :rolleyes:

Calm down, Coolguy... Your problem can be a list of things:

1) A virus may have disactivated your anti virus program(s). Viruses (Virii) can do it... Don't think that anti virus programs detect every virus, because they don't!

2) A file could have gone corrupt during boot or normal use. This happens all the time to many different people.

3) YOU may have did something to cause it to do what it's doing... 98% of all PC problems are user related.

You can fix all these simply by reinstalling McAfee... So, try doing that

Yep i re-installed it, thanks and it works now. but why does it make my computer shut down when i try to use winavi software???

Back
Top Bottom