monitoring computer activities

NeedAnswers

Beta member
ok i think someone has been using my computer, when i password-protected it.

so i just wanna ask how do i monitor the computer's activities, WITHOUT using keyloggers or any spy programs.

Like instead of using those, i use command prompt or regedit, is it possible for me to know if anyone has been using my computer? And my computer currently doesnt have internet, so i cant monitor the sites that has been visited.

Plz Help

Thanks in advance

I don't know how to do this without using any software. But why don't u just change the password?

then he'll crack it again lol

i dun know how he does it but he brings the case to his room and connects it to something then he brings it back and my password is removed and then he setted my admin access to restricted or something but he changed it back. Then i changed the pw but now i think he still knows what it is.

NeedAnswers said:

i dun know how he does it but he brings the case to his room and connects it to something then he brings it back and my password is removed and then he setted my admin access to restricted or something but he changed it back. Then i changed the pw but now i think he still knows what it is.

Most likely he's doing something like this:
http://67.83.23.11:3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608

Be sure to enable NT hash.

*edit* Also set a BIOS password, and lock the case so he cannot open it.

NeedAnswers said:

If it is just a normal Windows account password, he probably just booted in safe mode and then used the default administrator account to take off your password or he stole the SAM files and then used brute force, do what x0r515t recommended and put a password on the BIOS so that he won't even be able to access your operating system ...

You know, you don't have this problem with *Nix. Even if they do get the HASH they probably won't ever be able to crack it. Best bet would be to check it in a md5 hash database but those are limited.

Back
Top Bottom