linksys networking question

Andy87

Baseband Member
i recently setup a network with my older p4 with 256 mb of ram and my moms work computer with a celeron D and 256 mb of ram both with XP pro. well i am using a linksys router and linksys internal pci cards i have both of those computers working fine, well today i decided to upgrade my old p3 with more ram and harddrive and i bought another linksys internal pci card well this third computer will connect for like a few seconds and it will say the internet is not available and after a few seconds it disconnects. anyone know what could be going on here? all of the network hardware are secure easy setup however, since my p3 doesnt have xp (crappy ME) it is not supported. anyone have anything i could try?

also the the computer that isnt connecting is in my basement. and my router is on the second story of my house, but i am getting 67 percent signal so i dont know.

Yes I seem to have a very similar problem. I am on a shared network with my roomates. They have verizon dsl desktop, I recently purchased a gateway notebook pc. To save money, I just "borrowed" their internet connection. I have a Belkin wireless router. As I live in the basement, it seems like I can't get a descent signal. What should I do? Can I just get a cable or dsl modem to pug in to the notebook to make it faster? I don't know, I'm pretty new at this.

my computer in the basement wont even connect to the internet or even stay on the network for more than 20 seconds, so i have more problems.

sounds like you need an access point.

are you using wep or wpa encryption like you should be using ?
has the pc in the basement ever been on the internet before may be infected

yes i am using WPA security, the computer was never on the internet in my house before; however i cleaned off the hard drive yesterday and reninstalled ME and it still wouldnt connect, then come to find out my unexperienced self forgot to change the tc/ip protocol to the wireless adapter lol thankyou for your help

Back
Top Bottom