A Couple Of Questions...

wilsonator

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of setting up a wireless network but i'v got a couple of questions about it first:

Q1: First of all, is it possible to heve two different brands operating together, so for example have a BT router and a Belkin wireless adaptor?

Q2: If you have two computers using the internet at the same time through 1 router, would the connection speed half?

1) Yes, it is definitely possible as long as all the networking components are using the same protocol (like 802.11b).

2) No, the speed would not necessarily halve. However much one computer ISN'T taking up would be how much is left for the other computer and vice versa. It doesn't automatically split bandwidth - it's just shared.

Another quick question, is it possible to use a printer connected to another computeron the network to print documents without a print server?

Yes, I believe that's possible. You just have to network the two computers together and add the printer to the remote computer (the one that's not connected to it).

Yes, but that computer (the one thats wired to the printer) needs to be on at all times if you want to print.

Back
Top Bottom