Unable to connect to my D-Link router

gsalmon4

Baseband Member
Guys

I have a D-Link 624+ wirlesss 4 port router with a DWL-G520 D-link PCI card in my PC and a DWL-G630 PCMCIA wireless D-link card in my laptop. Im using the utility software that came with the PCI card to try and make the wireless connection on the PC, the PC picks the SSID up but is unable to get interent access or even to log onto the router through wireless. Its works great hard wired, internet and everything!!. The laptop sees the SSID as does the PC in the wirelss utility but cant connect to it. Ive also noticed that there's no ring around the antenna icon, if you know what i mean, in the utility!. The SSID's are all the same and the WEP is all the same i have checked and double checked all this on both computers!
Is there something i havent done to the router to allow wireless connectivity. If i try and ping the router it says Destination Unreachable.
Ive tried changing channels too, keeping everything the same on all wireless devices.

I think it is router problem as the laptop picks up wireless connection at my girlfriends house using the equivilent ADSL d-link wireless router (DSL-604 i think it is) that she has there, and i set that up!

Any help will be great help

Thanks to all who respond!

Back
Top Bottom