Networking Degree

AliceInChains02

Solid State Member
After a couple of semesters of testing the waters, I think I am going to go with a Networking Degree, but all I really know about it is there is good pay and only a couple of years of school, which attracted me to it. Is there a website where I can find out more about a career in networking and what the difference is between different degrees? Thanks.

a small community college in texas, San Jacinto College - not so small, i guess - andy pettite and roger clemens went there anyways

UH OH You are not suffering from networking hype ? If you are doing it just for the money, it is not a good idea. It's good pay , alot of fun, rewarding and you are doing it right by taking networking at a college level. Some companies are known to go through admins regularly. You piss off the wrong person and your gone. There are thousands more to fill your place, with experience, or more experince. The network goes down, forget about taking your girl to the beach, you got to stay till it is back. I rember when I first started my career in the 80s, getting a call from my boss that a ticket was waiting for me at the airport. After I get off work to fly to St Louis and get a data center back on line. I got there at like 11 pm , got them back on line by 2 am. I flew everywhere, I was young I enjoyed it, I liked it, I really really liked computers and networking , the pay came along with it, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom