Deleted User Profile Need Help!

IIIEXOCETII

Beta member
Ok i have this slight problem. I was doing a networking job over the weekend. This person had about 9 computers. That were all connected to a switch. Well all the computers we got online and working fine. But the customer had us go upstairs on the main computer to delete some User Profiles. All the computers are running Win XP. Well she keep telling us delete this one delete that one. Well come to find out we had deleted one of the User Profiles that had Thousands of emails that are always coming into the company. And various other thing (.pst) files. Is there anyway to get that User Progile back now that it was deleted or just recover the data from it. When the User Profile was deleted we did it through Control Panel -----> Users and deleted it that way. If there was any way to recover the data please let me know.

Thanks

You could try doing a System Restore or some kind of undelete utility on the domain controller or the server. Don't know if it would work, but it might help.

Yeah we already tried a system restore it didnt work. Didnt bring back the files that we were looking for. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can try using a file recovery utility... All user profiles are stored under x:\documents and setting\[user] (Where x is the root and [user] is the user name) so look in there.

Assuming you deleted the user account directly from an XP box ... have you tried "Exploring all Users" to see if the folders are there? Right-click on the start button and select Explore all Users. Worth a shot ... Explore All Users pretty much does what Anonymous suggested above, but puts it in a Windows Explorer format. Good luck.

Next time try disabling user accounts until you are absolutely sure which users needs to be removed, or you have all the data you need to recover from the account before deleting them.

"explore all users" doesnt display everyones files... Each folder in "C:\Documents and Settings" is unique to the respective user except for the "All users" folder. This folder contains the common start menu items and desktop items that is seen and used by all users. For example, if i put a shortcut to computerforums.org in: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop", that shortcut will show up on everyones desktop. The same thing happens with the start menu items.

Back
Top Bottom