Server advice

weff

Solid State Member
Does a server at work store internet files and downloaded items on its own memory. I have cleaned my dat file as i was sent a link and stupidly opened it. This would not be pleasing to the company. Is there any way to access the server and look at my own history etc. I have admin permission and would like to look

Thanks

PS i dont know what type of server as i am not that clever with computers, i know the basics thats about it

depending on your permission u could go into active directory users and computers and then look at your files and folders and manually delete your internet cookies and files, or atleast your history.
The company you work for, are they quite up on checking out internet files etc.?

regards
matt

No not really to be honest i dont think many would know what to do. I have admin permission and can access the server, would everything be on my file in the active users folder, if so any where specific

open the active directory, in the left column expand the file user find your name, and vwala!

regards
matt

Have opened active directory and computer users, have then opened users file whcih shows all users on site. When i click on mine all it does is show properties i.e e-mail, security etc There is no internet files or history.

The only time it saves anything is if you have a logging firewall which logs IPs and web addresses or if you have a roaming profile in Active Directory. Any other way, clean your local settings using Internet Properties and you are fine. Do this under the user you were looking under though or it may not clean it all.

Is there any way to find this out if it has a firewall, or logs ip's, roaming profile etc

Back
Top Bottom