help me, how to clear CMOS without open computercase

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with paradox, we should not condone hacking particularly destructive once. but to answer your question. there are backdoor password for the cmos. wayback year 2000 i have complete list of all the backdoor password and it is still available on the net, not sure though if it will still work on new computers.

Precisesecurity.com
Computer - PDA - Mobile Phone Security

This is illegal content. A super NO NO

precisesecurity please stop bringing up old threads and trying to advertise the website that you apparently have listed in the previous posts that i've seen ...
By the way, we do condone cracking and malicious hacking here at CF ...

Backdoor passwords wont work, unless a machine is specifically set up with back doors.

paradox said:
Besides, Clearing the cmos doesnt even do anything, it resets the clock, wow
If there is a password it also clear this. It could be that the person in question wants to boot from a floppy disc or CD that has been disabled in the BIOs, they could want to install a new OS so that they have admin rights, they could want to boot from a live CD so that they are able to access the network and set the proxy servers they want...

the ability to do whatever you like to a machine from before boot, (IMHO) is about as dangerous from a security point of view as benig able to do whatever you like after boot.

Anyway, to answer the question,
the CMOS is powered by a battery, you normally clear it by either moving a shunt across two short pins, (thats the technicaly name for jumpers), or by taking out the battery, (thus the Volitile RAM loses it's infomation).

Obviously, snice the RAM can be flashed etc, there is a certain amount of it that can be controlled via software, but information on this will most likely be vendor specific, and will possibly still require you to know the password.

dyserq said:
precisesecurity please stop bringing up old threads and trying to advertise the website that you apparently have listed in the previous posts that i've seen ...
I really can't understand you, yet again!, you usually give good advice, then you say this, what are you thinking of???.

Maurice said:
I really can't understand you, yet again!, you usually give good advice, then you say this, what are you thinking of???.

Umm ... sorry if my vocabulary is abit off but basically what i am saying is why has he brought up a old thread and every single post that i've seen and every single link that i've seen from him has been directed to his website ... and considering that he is only new to this forum, it just looks like revenue raising and advertising ...

dyserq said:

I think it was that bit he was referring to...

in actualy fact we DON'T condone cracking and malicious hacking here at CF...

dyserq said:
Umm ... sorry if my vocabulary is a bit off but basically what i am saying is why has he brought up a old thread and every single post that i've seen and every single link that i've seen from him has been directed to his website ... and considering that he is only new to this forum, it just looks like revenue raising and advertising ...
Thanks for explaining that, thought it was a bit odd coming from you, he's like a lot of newbies lately, they sign up with no other intention, but to advertise their websites, I don't understand why some defend them, their real intentions are so easy to see, so transparent!, but I won't have any nonsense, just report them as soon as you see them, I'm on the site a lot, two or three sessions of 1 - 2 hours, 7 days a week, but I still need member's eyes, due to me living in England, I'm in bed asleep, while the majority of you guys are up & at it,.........heyyyyy, onsite & posting I meant!!

Maurice
claps.gif
<--this looks a bit suspicious, oh it's hands clapping, I see now, Iwas beginning to wonder.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom