May have deleted important files after virus scans?

thecrowing86

Solid State Member
I recently was attacked with some serious adware, which I have almost completely deleted by now. The only problem is that I may have deleted some very important files. All my video games, etc. are not working because the computer does not acknowledge that the disc is in the CD drive. Audio CDs work fine, though. Also, when plugging in anything into the USB ports while the computer is on instantly switches the computer to that blue screen that reads "Shut down... Beginning dump of physical memory...etc..." Also, when running high-quality games that can run without a disc, this screen will also come back after an hour or so of play. Does anybody know if there is a Windows patch, etc. that can replace these important files? Help is GREATLY appreciated... thanks!

u may not hav deleted files from windows u may hav deleted files to do with thoes games so try ininstaling the game and re-installing, and about the USB port things again try un-installing the programs/drivers to what eva u hav pluged in and re-try, tell me if this helps. Or u could just bk up all your important files on to disk and just formatt your computer this should help. gud luk

did you download the games offline or did you buy it at a store?
because if you downloaded it some of the files downloaded mite have viruses on them and then you removed them so now your games dont work but if you bought then idk

Psych0 said:
u may not hav deleted files from windows u may hav deleted files to do with thoes games so try ininstaling the game and re-installing, and about the USB port things again try un-installing the programs/drivers to what eva u hav pluged in and re-try, tell me if this helps. Or u could just bk up all your important files on to disk and just formatt your computer this should help. gud luk

DO NOT follow the last advice of reformatting... first try the method he stated earlier(some games have a repair feature), but if you do not have the original cd's you can download cracks and patches for your certain games of the internet. (for example... go to google.com, then type in no-cd crack or no-cd patch for *gamename*)

Also for the other things listed you can try autopatcher xp or just find your win xpdisk and do a repair(after you select your partition and hit F8 to agree to terms P.S. do not select to format the partition or delete the partition)

Back
Top Bottom