Unexpected reply handler? In email from 'ebay'?

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if someone could tell me what this is about?
I got this in email from 'Unexpected reply handler <cmuser@hoho.sjc.ebay.com>'

'Thank you for your response. Please don't reply to this message - it is an automated response and your reply will not be received.

If you have a question for eBay Customer Support, please visit the following eBay Help page. This page will help you locate the answer to your question, or assist you in contacting us:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/index.html

If you would like to change your notification preferences, which determine what type of email you receive from eBay, please follow the steps below:

1. Click "My eBay" located at the top of all eBay pages. You may be asked to sign in.

2. Click the "eBay Preferences" link located under the "My Account" heading.

3. Click the "view/change" link to the right of "Notification Preferences." You may be asked to sign in once more.

4. On the "Change Your Notification Preferences" page, check the boxes to indicate the types of messages you'd like to receive from eBay. Then, uncheck the boxes to indicate the types of messages you don't want to receive from us.

5. Once you're done, be sure to click the "Save Changes" button at the top or bottom of the page.

Again, thanks for writing eBay.'

I have no idea what to think about this or what its about if someone could give me a idea of what it could that would be great.
Is it just spam? :confused:

By the way mods i hope this is in the right spot

was the link genuine? I mean dod it actually link to that, or was there some html that made the whole document a link to somewhere else?

Ebay do send out some mails, but usually only for the end of auctions.

did you write an email to EBay?
I've not recieved any emails from ebay so I'd guess it might be a hoax scam thing.

The best thing to do if you want to change your preferences for anything is to go to the sites main page where you know for sre all te links will be genuine and log into your account that way and then select you preferences.

root said:
was the link genuine? I mean dod it actually link to that, or was there some html that made the whole document a link to somewhere else?

Ebay do send out some mails, but usually only for the end of auctions.

did you write an email to EBay?
I've not recieved any emails from ebay so I'd guess it might be a hoax scam thing.

The best thing to do if you want to change your preferences for anything is to go to the sites main page where you know for sre all te links will be genuine and log into your account that way and then select you preferences.

I didnt do anothing to the email all i did was copy and paste it to here, i dont even understand why they set that email to me since i havent been to ebay in a while. So i havent sent any emails to them

Do you think its a hoax? I didnt even know it was easy to do a hoax about ebay like that way,Its the strangest email ive gotten so far

I just hope its nothing to worry about :( thats all

I bet that url you are showing us isnt really where your browser takes you when you click on that link directly from your email. Its a phishing scam from people trying to get your name and password.

Companies like paypal and ebay will also always address you my your name rather then "member" or "customer".

If you go to www.ebay.com they may have a link to report this. Its best to do it so they can get that scammer site shut down ASAP.

Actually - http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/?ssPageName=f:f:US is the url to the ebay security center.

I always take the time to flood the phishers fake log in site with usernames and passwords like - Eatshit - assholes - fuckoff etc etc.

I do that for about 10 mins so they at least have to read through them.

yeah thats not an e-mail from ebay that is spam their has been a lot of that goin round lately but if you check around you can get some free anti-spam software I use.... :)

Back
Top Bottom