Shutting down

NewToForums

Solid State Member
I'd like to know how different people shut down the computer. Do you leave it on all day and shut it down at night or do you shut it down each time? When you shut down, do you simply do the shutdown process or do you do that and then also manually turn off the monitor and case, etc? If you go through the shutdown process and leave the case and monitor turned on, are you using much more electricity or taking a bigger chance of something happening (like a power surge, etc.)?

Actually i leave it on most of the day, when i want to shut down at night when i am not using it and sleeping, i go through the shutdown process and then i manually turn off the monitor, modem and speakers ...

i wake at 7am and hit it on then go to sleeep at 12ish and turn it off then anytime between there when i amt using my computer the monitor and speakers are turnt off

Well I start my computer every morning. (actually starts itself :)) Then I usually close it when I leave to school. Then open it when I come from school and close it at night when I go to sleep.

In the morning I just shut it down (via windows ofcourse) and turn of the monitor. At night I use this program, think it just leaves power to the mobo, all of the fans etc stop. This allows it to start by itself at the morning.

daemon said:
Well I start my computer every morning. (actually starts itself :)) Then I usually close it when I leave to school. Then open it when I come from school and close it at night when I go to sleep.

In the morning I just shut it down (via windows ofcourse) and turn of the monitor. At night I use this program, think it just leaves power to the mobo, all of the fans etc stop. This allows it to start by itself at the morning.

My motherboard has that ability built right in, I don't use it, but it's there.

I turn my computer on usually after I get home from work 5-6 o'clock and I leave it on till I go to bed 12 midnight - 1 am. I don't usually turn it on in the mornings before I go to work. On the weekends I turn it on in the morning and leave it on till I go to bed. I shut it down every night unless I'm downloading something big then I'll leave it on all night and let it download, then shut it down in the morning.

Yes, but you didn't connect it to the thread topic. Anyway, my laptop has a tendency to overheat, so I try to keep it off when I'm not using it. I leave it on overnight though to play music to help me go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom