how do hackers not get caught

Paradox said:
you know, I think most people Dont even know what an IP is, I mean.. They hear IP and think it has something to do with hacking automatically, I am constantly changing proxies just for more annonymity and Its not even to do anything illegal... most the time

Yes, most people when they think of IP addresses, they automatically refer to the movies, the bad bad bad stereotypes :mad:
Anyways they don't even know what it is, not to mention how it works ... the public reaction to IP is ... crackers ... our reaction to IP is ... internet protocol address, big difference
Anyways, yes i change my proxy settings frequently, i have quite a nice list of proxy server links ...

Instead of wasting time going on about noobs which by the way is frowned on in here, try explaining what it is. In simple terms. That way you look smart and helpful. And besides you guys were noobs at one time. Who helped you to learn? Hmmm???

You can configure firefox to use a proxy by going to:
tools==>options==>connection settings==>enter proxy
Or firefox in Linux:
edit==>preferences==>connection settings==>enter proxy

Or if you insist on IE:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=135982

By the way setishock, I taught myself from reading books but point well taken.

recon 16 said:
are these legit so they can not track you back?

If your asking whether they are anonymous, then there are different types, they are mainly anonymous but can be classified according to thei effect or to which extent they are able to go to to hide your identity, ie there are transparent, anonymous and highly anonymous

also, sorry as you said i am a noob, but are there any risks of using proxys

I wouldn't call it so much risks ... but disadvantages ... some of them include a LARGE loss in bandwidth speed, for example if you have to bounce your packets from Sydney (where i live) to the United States, when originally you could have directly sent it to the UK for example

But there are many advantages so don't be worried, for example, these proxy servers all have caches, so it may be able to decrease the amount of time in which your computer needs to retrieve the information from the internet .. also anonymous surfing and so on ...

and one last thing THIS IS A MAJOR NOOB QUESTION but please answer how do you use a proxy? where do you tell your computer to use one?

Hmm ... i'll show you with diagrams ok ...
Firstly you have to find a public proxy servers, there are a few listed in threads above but i like
http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html and because there are quite good links there

Anyways i'll configure my computer for a proxy via an australian proxy server

Step 1 : Get yourself a ip address and the port number in which you are supposed to connect through

proxy13ea.jpg

Step 2 : Go to Tools and then Options, then connections tab and then go to LAN settings if your working with a broadband line like most people are here

You should be presented with a dialog like this

proxy23sb.jpg

Step 3 : Tick the box under the Proxy Server heading and then enter your ip address and port

proxy31an.jpg

Step 4 : Click ok and then your done ... that took long but sometimes it may not work, don't worry this is only due to the fact that the proxy server is not active ... try another one

Good luck ;)
By the way, this is for IE, the browser which i use (please don't start an argument saying how good and better FF is compared to IE, i know all the features and i can compare)

recon 16 said:
do they annoymize there ip? if so how? how do they do it?

They cloack their IPs by using proxies, and uses some programs that changes it's real IP to a different one every day

recon 16 said:
are these legit so they can not track you back?

also, sorry as you said i am a noob, but are there any risks of using proxys

and one last thing THIS IS A MAJOR NOOB QUESTION but please answer how do you use a proxy? where do you tell your computer to use one?
i am behind a router and firewall do i put it in there?
When did I say you were a noob?

Ha! This one's a laugh. The various "proxy" websites limit you with restrictions, such as using forms..unless you sign up with them/pay them some money. The websites you are visiting can't track you, but the proxy websites you are using can! Its like paying an assasin to kill an enemy for you, the assasin can always give you away. Best is to kill the enemy with your own hands. (Metaphorically speaking)

Here are some effective ways..use a fake IP as in a DoS attack..Use a public Wi-Fi hotzone, near mcdonalds or such..Use a satellite connection..Use someone else's cellphone to access the internet...Use a scrambled cellphone..(its probably illegal to use a scrambled cellphone without a permit)..

Don't do any of this in real life...Jail sucks

Back
Top Bottom