IP Addresses / Screen Viewers?

Conflagration

Solid State Member
Someone I know has a program, that enables him to watch and control his computer from other places. He told me his IP number, so I put it in the address bar and entered. It asked for a password, and I put the password that he had told me. So I was watching his screen and controlling it. While I was doing this, is it possible that he got my IP Address, and now he can use the program to watch my computer? Or can he secretly install keyloggers/trojans if he knows my IP?

he may have monitors which would give him your ip... but if you have good security(firewalls, port scanners) and you have a router, most likely it will have built in proxies which will help shield you.( also use arp -a in cmd prompt to determine your internet setting dynamic or static) you should be safe.

Static never changes ip addresses and dynamic changes ip addresses.

it is possible that he got your IP address. do you know the guy you did this with?

elmonomalo said:
he may have monitors which would give him your ip... but if you have good security(firewalls, port scanners) and you have a router, most likely it will have built in proxies which will help shield you.( also use arp -a in cmd prompt to determine your internet setting dynamic or static) you should be safe.

Static never changes ip addresses and dynamic changes ip addresses.

So dynamic is good? When its dynamic, my ip changes by itself?

Yes
It kind of renews your ip address whenever you first start to connection to another host
And yes, you may have given him access to your computer seeing as though if he had a port scanner he would easily have logged your ip address, which is only in the case if you have a static ip address

Well my IP is dynamic.
But if dynamic IPs change by itself, wouldn't that mean you couldn't be IP banned from any website/online game?

hes most likely using VNC or remote decktop...

If you run the VNC daemon ( server ) on your computer, then yes if he has set a password on the VNC server then yes he can gain access and do whatever he likes.

However, if you only ran the client of VNC then i doubt he will be able to gain access via it.

peace.

A port scanner you can get from hacker networks such as Nmap ... abit different from the normal programs which have a GUI, this port scanner runs only though ms-dos
If you did have a dynamic IP address it would change from time to time, but if they did ban you, they would also ban you from accessing your account so it wouldn't have such a large effect
This also applies to static ip address ... all you need to to configure your bowser to use a public prox server, nearly all of which are anonymous

Back
Top Bottom