More bad news...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I downloaded 42 updates just a few days ago after I got a knock at the door by a hacker. Now I checked back at the update site and there is 32 more updates and 2 of them critical where the first batch had 3. The rest is fixing HOLES in xp where a person could take over your computer and make your life misreble. I would get all of them and as soon as possible.
Oh and from a personal observation, the new update site is a joke. The old one was better to navigate. Plus I could get back my lost xp theme from there. But any old port in a storm...
Just get em...

You got a knock at the door from a hacker?, anyways i never use the windows update, on 56k its kind of.. You know... Slow.., so i just run a firewall for basic level protection.

Ive never used the updates in the whole time ive had XP. The more you let microsoft mess with your operating system the more holes it will have. Its like that monster with all the heads that keep on growing.

I say start over from scratch and make something solid you fools.

Or get Window Blinds and just skin your whole GUI ... looks better anyways than just letting the plain default theme bore you to death
And i've also never had any updates since i first got Windows XP Professional, although all of them were included in the SP2 update that i did ... nevertheless, i don't find updates much use, what are the chances of me getting hit by a hacker? Lots, but what about infection after bypassing all the firewalls and filters? Extremely slim
So i don't find Windows update site at all handy, therefore i don't use it

I know I could get mods, but I don't like to deal with them. Microsoft made some good improvements with XP, but they need to take a few notes from Apple, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom