I got hacked twice by same guy.

amarine88

Baseband Member
Ok so my sites, http://amarine88.com has been hacked twice now by the smae guy. I have now made my password over 25 charactors so he doesn't hack it. He made a basic program withVisual Basics and i was wondering how many characters you guys think his program would be able to get.

Hey... you go to oaks christian, don't you? lol... the kid that got the xbox360 ahead of time... lol... noice... well, I'm sorry to heard about that hack... it just depends on how much he wants to program, I guess. He prolly made a key generator and depending on how much code he put in, it's really up to him.

What do u exactly mean?, he cracked the password for your hosting?, Your account on the forum?, and about ur passworrd being 25 characters long, IMO that would be quite hard to crack depending on the characters u have used.

Your password does not necesarily need to be 25 characters long... if you through in a $,@,! or two it should suffice. As for the hacking(*cracking*) thing.. I would recommend a different host as ComputerGen stated. This "hacker" may be just simply going through open ports and tunneling through SSH to get your password.

Yeah, a secure server from the looks of it. lol... compgen, yeah, he can your secure host... lol... :D

amarine88 said:
Ok so my sites, http://amarine88.com has been hacked twice now by the smae guy. I have now made my password over 25 charactors so he doesn't hack it. He made a basic program withVisual Basics and i was wondering how many characters you guys think his program would be able to get.

This can be done by a simple program. It's just going to take longer with a longer password. The program just keeps trying passwords (first a then aa then aaa ...) And from what I can remember they can do something like 50 tries per second. The easiest way to block this is just make it so that for example after 5 wrong passwords u have to wait 10 min to try again. That way it would take the program ages to find the right password. So if he uses this kind of program and u can somehow make it so that after a number of wrong passwords u have to wait for some time then he can't do it anymore. Though there are many other ways for him to get in.

Yep, it'll just keep trying passwords from the dictionary ... i like this trick ... what i do nowadays is i hope download the ALT key and then perss 3 numbers in the keypad on the right and then up comes this symbol after you release the Alt key ... very efficient ...

He is using Cain, do as daemon said and set it up to after 5 wrong tries it locks it up for 5 mins.

Back
Top Bottom