Configuration Exchange Server 2003 (CES)

acyhena

Beta member
Scenario:
I have 2 PC One is (windows server 2005 Enterprise SP1) and other one is client (windows XP SP1), the Domain is already installed in the server as well as I create users in the Domain so far everything is Ok, either Exchange server 2003.

Problem:
I have no Idea how I can install the exchange server 2003 in the server or in general can I install or is not available, if any body know about this problem please give me the solution or web site.
Thanks,

Unfortunately Exchange server is a seperate software package not included in server 2003. It's quite expensive but you can get a demo version from Microsoft on their site. It's a bit complicated to install though so you might want to read up on it quite a bit. Hope this helps.

Hi adamorris,

I have The CD's for Exchange server 2003, but I have no idea how I can install the software this is the problem. I tried long time but always I'm failed, though so I will try until your respond…remind the problem is how install the exchange server 2003 with two PC…as long as you tolled me the installation is complicated that is mean you give me eagerness.
Thanks,

Well, I just recently installed the demo version which is much like the full install and it's quite technical. I think you can do it as long as you know the technical language they use. You might have to play around with it though to get it right. How much experience do you have with these matters?

It's not too much little; ok do one thing (could you please devise me to buy a book) and which book I will be buying. I think this is go solution for me so far then if there is any problem I will contact to you by this web site.

You cannot have Exchange 2003 on a DC... If you want to get into the situation to run Exchange at home, you will need much more my firend... I had starry eyes once for the package, finally realizing that I would have to go into a full business situation to maintain this thing for two email accounts...

It needs its own server and your DC has to be an Active Directory DC... That is the minimum...

You want email at home? Here is what I use: http://code-crafters.com

Good luck...

This is partly true, it's not a good idea to install Exchange on your DC because it can cause problems but it is documented by Microsoft that you can do it. I would recommend having it on it's own server as HammerFeet did. It sounds like yu have this system setup at home? If so why go through all this just to have email at home? There are plenty of other less costly programs to do this. I just use internet email and link my outlook....that does it for me.

Ok, End of this story…actually I have small network in my home and unfortunately I have big problem in the port, the connection is so bad. So still I don't have internet… as Hammer Feet did, I will trey to use it… but with internet or without.
Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom