No Internet Connection After Installing SP2

Morglum5780

Beta member
Hia. I've been trying to get my GFs computer set up for a few days now and have been having problems. I formatted it, installed XP pro, her wireless adapter (Microsoft MN 510) and it's software. Everything worked fine until I DL'd SP2. Then I was getting not an internet connection. I couldn't browse the web, connect to AIM, etc. Turning off the firewall did not help. I even reformed it and started over and got the same results. I have since uninstalled SP2 and she has a internet connection again, but I'd prefer her to have SP2.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

with SP2, are you able to view wireless networks? Have you checked for a newer - current driver for the MN 510? Are you using the MN 510 software to configure wireless connection? If so, try uninstalling that software and use Microsoft's wireless connection tool.

Right-click My Network Places>Properties>Right-Click wireless connection>Properties. Select Wireless network tab. Near the top of that dialog box is a check box to "use Windows to configure wireless connection" or something like that.
Configure as you need ... SSID, WEP Key ... so on.

Then go to Start>Run>type cmd - enter. Type ipconfig /release ... ip address info should become all zeroes. Then type ipconfig /renew.

This might have been down the wrong path, but its tough to see where exactly SP2 has conflicts, unless you're possibly using the MN 510 software to configure your wireless connections.

CrossCech said:
with SP2, are you able to view wireless networks? Have you checked for a newer - current driver for the MN 510? Are you using the MN 510 software to configure wireless connection? If so, try uninstalling that software and use Microsoft's wireless connection tool. .

I am using the MS Broadband Network software that comes with their base stations and adapters. It is also on the other computer on the network (which has SP2) and has worked fine for a year. I DL'd the most up to date version of this software before DL'ing SP2. I did not update the MN 510's drivers (will try that tonight).

P.S. Network connections tells me I am connected to the network, but the MN510 software tells me I am not connected to the network.

Back
Top Bottom