some hlep plz?

dewdman101

Baseband Member
as my profile says, i suck at networking...i cant set up a network between 2 computers at my house...sad huh? i need some help. i ran the wizard on both comps. restarted. and put some files in the shared folder and on the other comp it wasnt there...what happened?

Are you setting up wireless network or wired network? What network device are you using (ie. switch, router, or maybe cross over connection between two PCs, etc)? Are you planning on sharing internet connection as well? What operating system are you using? Did you double check all connections to see if they're on tight or in the right places?

well after setting up your network could you access the internet?... If so, do you have a firewall on either computer?... If so, then try disabling it and see if it detects. Also, try starting the connection wizard again and MAKE SURE that file and printer sharing is enabled on both computers.

In case you didn't set up the router yet...

For setting up a router you generally plug your main internet cable into an uplink port on the switch/hub(most uplink ports labeled) and then you plugg in your other cables as needed.

Some people have a router and a small box ... for this type of connection plug in your phone cord to the small box and then use a crossover cable from the small box to the router. The router then has access and you can connect wires as needed.

If your setup is ok then maybe it is a hardware/software issue.

Make sure of you type of cables if your making a cross over connection. If you dont have cross over cables, then you need a hub, router or switch.

Back
Top Bottom