Attack from Geocities??

applesainty

Beta member
I'm in need of help

BP sent in Trojan Horses onto my DellDimension2600 and since then I began being spied at. The screen, I think, is under surveillance.

I installed a very new Norton Virus and found a bunch of Horses. It picked up an IP address which indicated that the horses may have come from there, and the IP was that of Geocities. -- one of the main pages that is.

There's a diary-page (Many, actually) with the same IP address as what Norton had picked up. The diary-page shouldn't be part of Geocities' property.

The page has a background of some Winnie The Pooh bears, and the background is linked to the page from another Geocities site.

As I've observed, the speed the background comes onto the page can be altered. I even counted the number of seconds it came on it once. It was like three seconds or eight seconds.

What I want to know is wether this really can be done, and if so how, and how hard it is and what you have to do to make that effect.

And lastly, how come all those sites. (even my own WebPalaces now)give Norton the same Ip address.

Thanks to those who're able to offer any sort of help

if you gave us the ip address, it could remotely upload whatever it's doing to a geocities acount.

Back
Top Bottom