Open folders as administrator

thegreencheetah

Beta member
Hey
Does anyone know how to open folders or files as administrator. With programs you can right click on them and click 'Run as'. but it doesnt give that option when I right-click on files and folders. so do we need any software for that or is there another way to do that in windows.

How can you "run" a folder? Right-click, click the "Open" option. Magically opens the folder or file :)

re:eek:pening folders

I think that he is referring to when you make a folder private, only an administrator or the user may open the file. He is asking how to accomplish this. Not how to actually open a folder itself.

thecoolkidontheblock

hmmm, I have a cunning plan...
try sharing the file,
then mapa drive to the folder shared on the local machine, and use the connect as option...

not tried,
it's flakey advice take it or leave it.

re: mapping drive

I tried that but it doesn't work. It comes up with this "An error occurred when trying to share test: access is denied" so I don't think it works. cunning idea I must say. major props on that.

thecoolkidontheblock

I've often wondered about this.

Running explorer.exe as Administrator doesn't work at all - let alone denying you access.

You need to be actually logged in as Administrator or another member of that group before you can actually access "denied" folders. And if you did create a share, you'd have to be an admin to do that, and set the appropriate permissions in any case.

Back
Top Bottom