Can't delete a folder

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I'm having trouple deleting the "my shard folder" for Ares. I made a backup for it because i just reintalled XP on my computer. i only copied the folder and not Ares.

Everytime i try to delete it i get this messege:
it.jpg

Theres nothing in the folder, it's just the folder itself that wont delete. I have tried i virus scan just incase there was a virus, nothing came up. the backup is on a second HDD. i could reformat it but i don't feel like moving everything,lol. thanks for any help.

<edit>O ya theres no program using it, i already checked.

I have deleted a similar folder right now, just logged off the net, restarted the computer (not even safe mode, just normal).
It seems that the program that was using the folder stopped at the rebooting...

if that doesn't work, there is some program out there that allows you to forcefully delete something.....I can't think of it.....maybe I'll find it.

You are probably thinking of moveonboot but it only deletes files, not folders. You will probably have to search the registry to delete it.

per said:
You are probably thinking of moveonboot but it only deletes files, not folders. You will probably have to search the registry to delete it.

hmm. not sure what I was thinking of, but I couldn't find anything. I thought I saw something in pc world....I'll keep looking

I'm thinking the same thing what wombat said. don't be lazy!! just go on safe mode and remove the program.. i'm sure its gonna work.

I went through safe mode and it let me. i have no clue y i didn't think of that,lol.

Back
Top Bottom