Photoshop or Fireworks?

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Now I have both. But I really can't tell the difference between the two programs. Fireworks is made by macromedia for those of you who do not know. I really just wnated other peoples opinions on this, from people who have used both programs. The only difference i can tell is that fireworks (to me) has a little bit more user friendly feel to it, but without the cool effects. I would prefer opinions from people who have used both programs, they seem the same, why isn't fireworks used more and more widely known?

Oh no im not a n00b to gfx really, just starting up in getting paid for my work actually. And recently, someone asked me what program i used, and I said "it depends." For more difficult projects and higher paying jobs I use photoshop. I just can't tell the difference, and to me fireworks seems on par with photoshop, so i just dont get why its not widely used.

*To proove my not n00b-ness*
testbanner2linesv2.png

Theres a lil picture of something i recently did, i just took out the company name,

If you showed that sig off at any respected GFX site, you would get killed. Haha, sorry. I'm sure your business type work is a little different from what I'm used/into. Here are few of my sig's:

g2bannercopy9zh.png

g2stick20qb3ls.jpg

optus24jh.jpg

aren't those guys from starwars republic commando? I have Phtoshop elemtns could i do that with this program??

i havent used photoshop before for anything really. i had a frends dad who uses this stuff professionally have a look at it with me for a project so i could try to do what i was attempting (not that it worked).

now some of the stuff that i have done in my spare time (and its all just self taught from mucking around with the stuff) is done purely in PaintShop Pro.

in the little that i remember from Photoshop i dont see PaintShop as being much different. its pretty user friendly (in my opinion).

but i do remember work experience at a computers place they guy i was watching doing the graphics n stuff was always getting frustrated with fireworks. he claimed photoshop to be much better than fireworks.

ive never had any experience with fireworks myself though to offer a valid comment on this.

i only ask another question:

why isnt PaintShop so popular? and what makes this so?

You'll find Photoshop the best for manipulating images anyway :)

Fireworks is more of a web based program used to build simple webpages using simple graphics which can then be lowered down in qulaity and such for webpages, so doesn't have the wide varierity of choices Photoshop has (though still has some effects),
I also don't think its as user friendly for making images as Photoshop though which is weird you think the other way :p

though its definetly easier to draw in Fireworks than Photoshop since it uses the same type of interface as Flash does, as you can draw properly (Macromedia), rather than Photoshop that uses aqward shapes and weird layers which makes it very hard to make complex images without a program alongside with it if you wanted to do some designing as well as image manipulating.

Though i'd say Photoshop to manuipulate effects (better all round really),
and using Fireworks to make the vector images you might need to make complex images if you need them (I use Flash to do this, though still uses Vector since its built by Macromedia).

Then you'd save out of Photoshop with the manipulated image, and go back into Fireworks, where you'd build the website using the images you have made in both together, and lower quality if need be for dialup connections, and that'd be rather kewl, so each one has its own special qualities.

i hope this helps :)

BanChan I agree :p Those sigs are excellent!!!

Back
Top Bottom