Gaming Computers for sale 5200/5600!

I've been pondering sellilng Computers on eBay, how much would you expect to get for those two machines on a good day and on a bad day?

Ebay is very competitive, because there are alot of companies that will advertise these incredibly low prices for these seemingly nice computers, and then people don't realize there getting cheated on shipping, and they cut corners on most of the stuff they didn't advertise, and they will advertise warranties and support for 3 years or "lifetime" then "go under" 6 months later so they don't have to provide warranties, just make a new username and company name and start over. Take a look, really shipping doesn't cost $80 for ground! Anyways, there are alot of good computers on ebay, like our forum member is selling, but sadly they don't usually go for as much as they should in my opinion. This happened to a friend.

Yea, I noticed that to. Putting 55$ down for shipping on computers and 80$.. That's all bull, as I shipped a computer with a box and cd's and it only cost me like 20$.. They are rip off's these days.

Yeah, ground shipping really shouldn't cost anything like that. It would only cost here in the UK $50 to send my 19" CRT, which I'm pondering selling that weighs 48lbs :D And a computer barely weighs half of that, unless it is in one of those Thermaltake Cases or a Dell one :p

New links:
AMD 2800 Nvidia 5600 768 Ram
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5210769041

AMD 2600 Nvidia 5200 512 Ram
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5210770467

Well shipping a computer would cost a decent amount because of the weight, probably like $30 or so. If you payed for insurance (7.20/8.20), delivery confirmation (.55) and shipping supplies (box - padding), it could go up quite a bit.

Ebay fees and paypal fees really get you; it's not really worth the time involved in selling desktops. Unless you get distributor prices directly from the manufacturers, you are going to have a fun time haggling resellers. Plus, most people don't understand the difference between the parts you choose. This means most ebay hard drives on ebay have a 2mb buffer and are ata 100. Also the motherboards are most likely the lowest end possible, like ECS. They'll also have onboard video and little ram, etc... If you do anything different it will cost you more and the customer doesn't understand the value. Plus the comps I made have extra case fans and lights, which cost money.

I'm loosing money on those comps like the auctions says...unless I somehow get a bunch of bidders. :/

A tip for ya, keep the boxes the case comes in as well as packaging supplies from parts, then use those to ship it. While I don't sell on ebay very much because of the reasons you mentioned, as it is impossible to compete and still give a high quality product that you can make honest claims about as a "gaming" machine, I do some online sales and not paying for packing material makes a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom