How to hack screensaver passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Lindon

Golden Master
I had this rather good idea today as to how to get past the windows password when you return to a machine after the password has appeared. (Bear with me, I'm very tired and it probably doesn't work!!)

Assuming they do not have the ctrl + alt + del option enabled before you type the password, can you go to the task manager and end explorer and then restart it bringing you to the desktop bypassing the password?

I know there is an easy way to do it. I just never bothered to find out what it was. My friend used to enjoy going in to computer stores and changing all the screensaver PWs on the demo models. It was good for a laugh because most of the salesmen (saleskids) didn't know how to change it back.

lol i would love to do that .. infact i am off to the stores .. lol they shouldn't charge so much for PCs :)

I remember doing that when i was in middle school, i've grown onto bigger things now. Back in windows 95 days i used to just put a floppy that rand a DOS command renaming all the password files to .xxx files, no more screensaver passwords!

shouup said:
I remember doing that when i was in middle school, i've grown onto bigger things now. Back in windows 95 days i used to just put a floppy that rand a DOS command renaming all the password files to .xxx files, no more screensaver passwords!

not bad a shame my college had Windows 2000 and XP :(

to get passed screen saver passwords just restart the computer. as long as they don't have a login password your fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom