How-to setup Novell server ?

v_xxx_v

Baseband Member
hi everyone

I have few question about novell servers.

+Can we setup Novell server at home ? I have 4 computers + 1 linksys router ( 4 ports) and 1 switch.

+How do we setup nevell server at home ?

+ I am kind of confuse about novell server, could anyone show any website or any picture how novell server work ? ( I have searched and seen alot of article about this ,but notthing for newbie like me :( ).

+ Do i need to buy any thing else ?

+ AT school, we have novell server. Every student has to log in to able to use computer and have 10MB for storing their documents and file in "my documents" folder, and their access is limited.

Honestly, I can configure my computer to share printer, file...etc, But never have chance to learn novell stuffs. Your output will be very appriciated. Thank guys

Is this for a home network of yours? If so, I'm curious as to why you would like to use a Novell server (setup) instead of a classical network where all of the PCs connect to the router. Please continue :)

i already know how to network all computers like sharing file, printer, now i am thinking about learn some new stuff like novell. If you have any tutorial please post it here, thanks

novell is usualy only used for large corporations, but more power to you if you want to use it for home :)

shouup said:
novell is usualy only used for large corporations, but more power to you if you want to use it for home :)

That what i want to learn, dont you just stop at some point when you know there are alot of thing out there which need to learn?.

I bet you dont know it then. BTW, thanks for your comments.

It's not that i dont know it, its that i am not finished with my courses in novell and im not going to give advice on something that i might have to guess at certain aspects of. Im all for you wanting to learn it, so dont try and be a d*** about it....especialy when you dont know the software.

Back
Top Bottom